Tuesday, April 21, 2009

My Writing Life


Write Your Self
Originally uploaded by renmeleon
So, I've decided to add a function to this blog because, well, I'm pragmatic and economical. I've kept several blogs over the course of the past few years, but most of them have fallen to the wayside or I'm no longer interested in maintaining them.

Plus, I just have too many forums in my life right now and I need to consolidate. That's why I'm going to use this blog not just to keep you up to date on assignments and news related to reading, but also to chronicle my journey as a writer.

2009 is the year I've dedicated to finishing my YA novel (hopefully by June) and perhaps my other writing project, which I'm not quite ready to talk about yet, for no other reason than it's barely underway.

So, if you're interested you can follow along on my journey and I'll keep you in the know about my progress, my frustrations, the creative process, the editing process, the publishing circus, etc.

I read an article in Writer's Digest this past weekend on getting published and one of the tips it gave was "to establish an online presence". Well, I don't think it was referring to my Facebook account or even my Twitter feed, so I'm going to use this to get that going.

Feel free to send this link to anyone interested in writing, reading, publishing, or good ole fashioned voyeurism.

Did I spell that right?

No comments: