Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Student Book Blog: Nightrise by Anthony Horowitz


New books
Originally uploaded by shewgirl
Reviewed by Raj Shah

The book, /Nightrise/ by Anthony Horowitz, is an amusing, adventurous, addicting novel. The book is about Jamie and Scott Tyler who are telepathic twins who perform telepathic acts at their uncle’s theater. People come from all over the world to see their tricks, but there are also a few people out there in the world who want to get rid of people with these kinds of talents.

One night, after a performance, two men attempt to kidnap the twins, and one of the men successfully kidnaps one of them. The rest of the story is about the remaining twin tries to find the other and what he has to go through in order to do so. That’s not all: in the end, the suspense maximized when the twins find each other not in person but in their dreams and that is what leads them to each other.

I liked this book not just because of the suspense, but also because the story itself had substance. It isn't one of those stories where each chapter is continuing from the previous one. In /Nightrise/, the chapters are not in any particular order and instead are all about something different. The way they flow and transition into each other is amazing and the clarity in the book overall is very good.

Throughout the whole book, I pictured everything like it was on HDTV. I personally like novels that are adventurous fiction because they broaden my creativity level and show the reader new ways to think. I would recommend this book to those who like adventurous fiction books. I was surprised at how addicting this book was - it made me want to stop what I was doing and just read! This book has changed my opinion on reading by making me want to finish the whole series and read more books from this author.

No comments: